donderdag, november 19, 2009

You & me in a petri dish


(Dutch below)I find the idea of being able to copy our mind, our personality, interesting. Things like ideas of The Matrix, or teleportation ... it sounds fascinating, and i don't assume it will never be possible. Never and always are words you have to be careful with :-).

But the article "Ghost in the Shell: Why Our Brains Will Never Live in the Matrix" does make me doubt. Nice reasoning of why it might be unlikely you can copy someone's being.

(Dutch)De gedachte dat we ooit in staat zijn om iemands persoonlijkheid te kopieeren, boeit me. Ideeen zoals je ze ziet in de Matrix of StarTrek ("beam me up") zijn fascineren. Ik sluit niet uit dat dat ooit mogelijk wordt. Zeg nooit nooit.

Maar het artikel "Ghost in the Shell: Why Our Brains Will Never Live in the Matrix" maakt me wel aan het twijfelen. Interessante redenatie waarom het onwaarschijnlijk is dat we ooit een persoonlijkheid kunnen klonen.

Image source: http://neurologique.blogspot.com/ .

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten