woensdag, augustus 24, 2005

I use Gimp myself. Today i mentioned that while in a meeting, and out of 3 people in the room, 2 stated they had given Gimp a try recently, but gave up after getting errors. Errors like "THIS APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE LIBGIMP-2.0-0.DLL WAS NOT FOUND.
RE-INSTALLING THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THIS PROBLEM
".

I was intrigued and tried for myself> downloaded GTK and GIMP, installed and started GIMP. When Gimp started loading plugins, 2 DLLs were reported missing: libgimp-2.0-0.dll and libgimpui-2.0-0.dll .

I searched the web and tried adding "C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\bin" to the PATH-variable > that solved the errors!

I informed the person that generously created the Win-installer for Gimp and hope he can add this to the installer, so no more manual work is needed. In the meantime,

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten